TEACHING-EMPOWERING-MENTORING-BUILDING OPPORTUNITY Mission: to partner with individuals and communities in Western Kenya to support entrepreneurial activities, education and health through training programmes, scholarships, water and sanitation projects

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Wonderful news!


As some of you know I (Patricia) am a Rotarian and much of the funding for water projects over the last few years has come from Rotary Clubs in North America. While reading the latest Rotarian magazine, I noticed an ad for 'First Sight' which offered a testing kit, frames and lenses for 100 people at a very low cost. I usually take the small, cheap reading glasses from the dollar store and never have enough. Besides that, I am unable to help those who are short sighted.

I contacted the organization, planning perhaps to buy a kit. They have sent me a complete kit with extra (unbreakable) frames for children totally free of charge! How wonderful is that?

All they want is for me to report on the testing sessions and if possible send pictures! Hakuna matata (no problem!)

No comments:

Post a Comment